Monday, August 20, 2012

Are Energy Drinks Safe?

C0nc0rdance wrote: "I'm trying something a little different here. The script is either a paraphrase or direct quote from two reviews on the topic of the safety of energy drinks. You will find that I am basically reading out parts from these two papers with some bridging and clarification. These papers are linked below as free, full text articles. You can read them, follow the links to the sources cited, and even feel free to email the authors."



Source papers:

1. Mayo Clin Proc. 2010 November; 85(11): 1033--1041. http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2966367/

2. Drug Alcohol Depend. 2009 January 1; 99(1-3): 1--10. http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2735818/

I'm sure I will be accused of all sorts of bias or fear mongering, but for the record, the views expressed, while they align with my own, are the views of the experts at the Johns Hopkins School of Medicine and UT-Houston School of Medicine.

Many people have asked me to cover this topic, but it's pretty far out of my area of expertise. That's why I'm relying on these expert reviews.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...