Friday, October 1, 2010

C0nc0rdance vs the Discovery Institute on evolution

This is the Q&A session C0nc0rdance had with the Discovery Institute at the recent SMU sponsored event, "4 Nails in Darwin's Coffin". For best results, C0nc0rdance recommend using the interactive transcript.




C0nc0rdance text to this video:
The full high resolution video of the entire event is available at www.mediafire.com/?cp2b4lcqzya63 for download. You are free to do with this video, and the other videos of the event, as you wish. Note that some of the downloadable files were too large, and are available as file-spanning .rar archive files.

I apologize for the wordy, too-fast slides that I included. There was a lot of information that needed to be presented to understand why their technical arguments fail on a basic level. You may find that you need to pause the video, or watch it multiple times to get the full effect.

The articles I cited/used:
1. My favorite, it refutes Doug Axe's 2004 JMB paper very clearly (free full text):
www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/FPMC2459213/pdf/rsif20080085.pdf

2. I borrowed very heavily from Arthur Hunt's analysis of Doug Axe's work on Panda's Thumb:
www.pandasthumb.org/archives/2007/01/92-second-st-fa.html

3. Doug Axe's 2004 JMB paper that he bases most of his argument on:
www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/15321723

I recorded the Q&A session with my Android phone in my pocket. Audio quality is a bit low, and you'll hear the creak of people's chairs as they got up to leave. Everyone was a bit tired of listening to these clowns.

A viewer brought these sites to my attention, and I want to make it clear that the SMU Biology faculty generally oppose Intelligent Design:

SMU Biology Professors Speak Out Against Intelligent Design
www.smudailycampus.com/opinion/smu-professors-speak-out-against-darwin-presentation-1.1649982

Dr. John G Wise's analysis of ID Creationism

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...